Friday, July 01, 2005

Order a pizza at half price & get 2nd free !!


This is one of the amazing experiences I have ever had ...

Here is what happened. I did my schooling in Pullman, a very small town near Seattle. One night, it was kinda late like 10 or so and we were bored to cook anything. So, me and my friend, we both decided to go to the Pizza Hut (the only place open after 10 pm, it closes at 11) nearby & decided to dine-in for a change . So we reached there at like 10.15 pm and ordered a large 3 topping pizza. I specifically asked for a pan pizza since that was (and still is) my favourite. During the conversation we mentioned that both of us are really hungry so would like it ASAP...

So, in about 20 minutes, waiter came with the order. I looked at the pizza and was very sure that it was not a pan pizza and looked more like a thin crust pizza. So I called the waiter again and asked him if that was a pan pizza as I had asked for. He confirmed that by looking at the order and felt so sorry. It was a thin crust one ... He did not know what to do ... It was his mistake ... so in a flash, he was like, " I can take that pizza back but its already too late, so we probably will have to throw it. And I know u guys r hungry and all .. so if you dont mind, u can start on this one. I will make one more pizza for you and give that to you for free. you might want to pack it & take it with u" ...

Great ! works for me !! We agreed for that & started munching on the pizza. Within 20 minutes, he got another pizza to go and gave it us. We thanked him and asked for the check. He brought the check, again said sorry & handed it to me. Guess what, that guy had also applied some 1/2 price coupon on the price of the single pizza. so basically what that meant was we had 2 large pizzas, at the price of 1/2 pizza !! I was stunned !!! The bill also had a little sorry note on it saying it wont happen again ! (I know this is cheap to say but a thought did come to my mind; why not ? please do make mistakes like this over and over ! )

I mean, I would have been ok even with the option that I had to eat thin crust pizza only & just forget about the pan pizza. Mistakes happen ! But what this guy had done was remarkable .. I hadnt seen or heard of anything like this ...

I gave him heavy tip and left fully satisfied ...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me which pizza outlet was that? I would like to try it out :-)

- Mitesh.

March 25, 2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home